This is an academic blog site of Mohammad Anisur Rahman. This site will be helpful for the future innovative leaders in meeting their thirst for the knowledge on different disciplines especially innovations. Contact Address: e-mail: anisur@univdhaka.edu phone: +8801757552178
I think it’s totally depend on the field of work. As I am working as a Teaching assistant in a university, I have to handle all the work through mail to establish a stable, instant and quick communication to my teachers as well as students. But the number of mail I am dealing is not so much to take me that level of mental distress. In the last part of the report it is clear that the cause of such distress is only for the reason of handling mail, it depends on the number of work you are doing at a time. So I think it’s totally depend on the capability and the field of work.
I dont think it does. Rather, mail has taken pains to a lot extent. Things have become easier & quicker. But, if the case is such that, the employee has to handle large number of mails everyday, this might cause mental pressure, again not because its mail, rather because of the excessive load.
I think long term checking of mail is disturbing only for those peoples who are computer operator. Because its quite boring & painful.But in the case of a student he has to check some mail which dont bother mentally too much. The mental distress mainly depends on users how long & how much mail they actually handle.
E-mail is the formal way of electronic instructing/ordering from colleague/higher authority. People become tense when he/she have to wait for checking next mail beside his/her heavy work load. Sometime I feel exhausted when I have to leave my lab for checking mail without regarding my highly concentrating research oriented job.
I am working as head of merchandising in a knit composite. Here buyer correspondence is done by my team. We have to handle the all kind of suppliers and subcontractors as well. we also have some intra-organizational mail correspondence. My subordinates keep me in their mail loop considering priority. So every day I receive more than 200 mails. Its my part of job to ensure proper feed back. Certainly it imposes a lot of mental pressure when I failed to provide feedback within that day. I try to limit the amount of Phone calls receiving per day. But yet the number is enormous. Sometimes it creates headache.
Technological integration i.e. online communication in workplace fastened the workflow resulting the highest productivity. Today’s Email and other online communication medium make possible to receive higher no of tasks and to complete and deliver the result. Surely this might have cause problem. But it depends of the nature of tasks. Analytical and research oriented works needs to deploy intense concentration. In such case it may cause this type of problem. But my case receiving email is a matter of pleasure. I am working as the Head of Circulation in the largest job site of Bangladesh. Emails I receives are mostly regarding new job circular order type. So as many emails I receives so many chance of sales increases. Also I have a strong work force and they are always ready to perform. But I face problem at the very last moment of the office hour. As an online service organization, order may come any time and need to fulfill clients demand at the shortest possible time. At the dyeing moment of workday may arrive any task from the client and need to perform. That time it’s been difficult to manage.
In my case I did not face such mentionable problems as I am still not much dependent on email communications except my educational purposes. However, I believe I will be in more psychological pressure if I do not use email for my educational purposes!
Yes! sometimes email increased our tense, but it may depends on the field of work. As I am working as a part-time lecturer in a university, I always communicate with my students and my senior teacher through mail. So we can not connect the next digital world without mail......
Yes.. I have faced such type of problem. In professinal life I have to check my email everyday. I have also configured my email in my smartphone. Always have to communicate with my boss, colleagues, team members. I think it always tensed me. Sometimes I have to communicate with them over phone. I think its extra stress and pressure. Sometimes I feel like that.
Yes sir. It is true. Sometime it creates same kind of pressure that we face when we get too many phone calls! :( Sometime I feel like stop using mobile phone/email that creates such pressure.
I did not face such kind of mail problem because I am still not doing any job but I totally believe that it creates too much pressure because when I have to use email too much for my educational purpose or even if I have to attend so many phone calls then I face that kind of pressure.
We know information technology create operational excellence. But Long time e-mail checking is quite boring & also creates anxiety.On the other hand I think, dealing with Clint or team member face to face or over telephone for a longer time also creates mental pressure. So it’s good to make a balance all of those.
Online communication in workplace fastened the workflow, increase productivity. Today’s Email and other online communication medium make possible to receive higher no of tasks and to complete and deliver the result in time. But sometimes it’s been difficult to manage, if any problem happens with system or network connectivity.
Md. Abu Nahee Ibna Zahid ID: 201103033 Weekend-MBA, IBA-JU
After passing long period in the mail server and facebook give lot of tiredness.So it could be
ReplyDeleteI think it’s totally depend on the field of work. As I am working as a Teaching assistant in a university, I have to handle all the work through mail to establish a stable, instant and quick communication to my teachers as well as students. But the number of mail I am dealing is not so much to take me that level of mental distress.
ReplyDeleteIn the last part of the report it is clear that the cause of such distress is only for the reason of handling mail, it depends on the number of work you are doing at a time. So I think it’s totally depend on the capability and the field of work.
Sorry for not mentioning my id. Here it is....201203034
DeleteI dont think it does. Rather, mail has taken pains to a lot extent. Things have become easier & quicker. But, if the case is such that, the employee has to handle large number of mails everyday, this might cause mental pressure, again not because its mail, rather because of the excessive load.
ReplyDeleteI think long term checking of mail is disturbing only for those peoples who are computer operator. Because its quite boring & painful.But in the case of a student he has to check some mail which dont bother mentally too much. The mental distress mainly depends on users how long & how much mail they actually handle.
ReplyDeleteMd.Nazmul Hasan (WMBA-JU , 201203001)
E-mail is the formal way of electronic instructing/ordering from colleague/higher authority. People become tense when he/she have to wait for checking next mail beside his/her heavy work load. Sometime I feel exhausted when I have to leave my lab for checking mail without regarding my highly concentrating research oriented job.
ReplyDeleteMd. Abdullah Al Mahmud [201203096]
DeleteI am working as head of merchandising in a knit composite. Here buyer correspondence is done by my team. We have to handle the all kind of suppliers and subcontractors as well. we also have some intra-organizational mail correspondence. My subordinates keep me in their mail loop considering priority. So every day I receive more than 200 mails. Its my part of job to ensure proper feed back. Certainly it imposes a lot of mental pressure when I failed to provide feedback within that day. I try to limit the amount of Phone calls receiving per day. But yet the number is enormous. Sometimes it creates headache.
ReplyDeleteMohammad Fazlul Halim
201201100
WMBA
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTechnological integration i.e. online communication in workplace fastened the workflow resulting the highest productivity. Today’s Email and other online communication medium make possible to receive higher no of tasks and to complete and deliver the result. Surely this might have cause problem. But it depends of the nature of tasks. Analytical and research oriented works needs to deploy intense concentration. In such case it may cause this type of problem. But my case receiving email is a matter of pleasure. I am working as the Head of Circulation in the largest job site of Bangladesh. Emails I receives are mostly regarding new job circular order type. So as many emails I receives so many chance of sales increases. Also I have a strong work force and they are always ready to perform. But I face problem at the very last moment of the office hour. As an online service organization, order may come any time and need to fulfill clients demand at the shortest possible time. At the dyeing moment of workday may arrive any task from the client and need to perform. That time it’s been difficult to manage.
ReplyDeleteMohammad Helal Uddin
201203081
WMBA
In my case I did not face such mentionable problems as I am still not much dependent on email communications except my educational purposes. However, I believe I will be in more psychological pressure if I do not use email for my educational purposes!
ReplyDeleteMikhael Novo Biswas
201203049
Weekend-MBA, IBA-JU
Yes! sometimes email increased our tense, but it may depends on the field of work. As I am working as a part-time lecturer in a university, I always communicate with my students and my senior teacher through mail. So we can not connect the next digital world without mail......
ReplyDeleteMd. Nur Alam
Id: 201203042
Now a days this is really true and at the same time mail for exchange facilities giving relief to us.
ReplyDeletethanks,
Towhid
ID-201203095
IBA-JU
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes.. I have faced such type of problem. In professinal life I have to check my email everyday. I have also configured my email in my smartphone. Always have to communicate with my boss, colleagues, team members. I think it always tensed me. Sometimes I have to communicate with them over phone. I think its extra stress and pressure. Sometimes I feel like that.
ReplyDeleteSaniul Islam
201103107
WMBA-JU
Yes sir. It is true. Sometime it creates same kind of pressure that we face when we get too many phone calls! :( Sometime I feel like stop using mobile phone/email that creates such pressure.
ReplyDeleteAminul
EMBA - MIS - DU
I did not face such kind of mail problem because I am still not doing any job but I totally believe that it creates too much pressure because when I have to use email too much for my educational purpose or even if I have to attend so many phone calls then I face that kind of pressure.
ReplyDeleteAshura Tahrimi
WMBA-JU
ID: 201202042
We know information technology create operational excellence. But Long time e-mail checking is quite boring & also creates anxiety.On the other hand I think, dealing with Clint or team member face to face or over telephone for a longer time also creates mental pressure. So it’s good to make a balance all of those.
ReplyDeleteTanzia Afreen
Id-201301061
WMBA-JU
Online communication in workplace fastened the workflow, increase productivity. Today’s Email and other online communication medium make possible to receive higher no of tasks and to complete and deliver the result in time. But sometimes it’s been difficult to manage, if any problem happens with system or network connectivity.
ReplyDeleteMd. Abu Nahee Ibna Zahid
ID: 201103033
Weekend-MBA, IBA-JU